Thursday, May 26, 2011

Critque of Photography

The following image is by Kristin at http://kristin0122.tumblr.com/.  Enjoy!
1. Describe the objects in the image.A yellow flower against a gray and black background.

2. Analyze the technical, design, and perceptual aspects.
Technical- The rule of thirds is used nicely here.  Also the depth of field is strong, even though it is extremely limited. 

Design- The thing that draws me to this photo is the color and the background.  The yellow flower is pretty, but I love the way that the background is several different colors.  It almost looks like a gradient.  I really think that the background makes the photograph strong.

Perceptual- The photograph feels like a flower.  However, it has a sense of peace.  The flower is very soft and delicate.

3. Interpret the meaning.
I'm really sure what the meaning is.  Like mentioned above, I think that the flower feel is very prominent, but I think that the photograph also has a surreal, delicate feeling.

4. Value the image.
I think that the image is strong because of the color and composition. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment